Spencer is a village in Marathon County, Wisconsin. It is part of the Wausau, Wisconsin Metropolitan Statistical Area. The population was 1,925 at the 2010 census.
The village, which lies between two marshes (Spencer Marsh to the northwest and McMillan Marsh to the southeast) was founded in 1874 at a branch on the Wisconsin Central Railway. Today it sits at the crossroads of Wisconsin Highway 13 and 98 and serves as the terminus of several Marathon County trunk highways. Spencer lies about 8 miles (13 km) northwest of Marshfield, along Highway 13.