The University of Wisconsin–Whitewater (also known as UW–Whitewater ) is part of the University of Wisconsin System, located in Whitewater, Wisconsin. It became the state's second public college on April 21, 1868 when it opened its doors to 39 students taught by nine faculty members. It is a four-year, co-educational, residential college accredited by the North Central Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools. Enrollment in 2010-11 stood at over 11,500. The chancellor is Richard Telfer.
* Description and images provided by
CC-BY-SA 3.0 license.