Packwaukee is a town in Marquette County, Wisconsin, United States. The population was 2,574 at the 2000 census. The unincorporated communities of Buffalo Shore Estates and Packwaukee are located in the town.
Packwaukee was named in honor of Winnebego Chief Packwaukee and was plotted in 1850 and a post office established. The name Packwaukee comes from the Ojibwa meaning "shallow land" or the Potawatomi meaning "it is shallow." Pioneer missionary priest Father Verwyst claimed the name came from the Ojibwa word for "forest opening." In the Menominee language, it is called Paehkuahkiw which means "small round elevation, hillock".