Kinney is a city in Saint Louis County, Minnesota, United States. The population was 169 at the 2010 census. Kinney gets its name from Hon. O. D. Kinney who was one of the original European owners of the Merritt site in 1892 along with Judge J.T. Hale, and Capt. Joseph Sellwood. It was originally held by Algonquian-speaking tribes: the Ojibwe (Chippewa), Ottawa, and Potawatomi. U.S. Highway 169 serves as a main route in the area.
* Description and images provided by
CC-BY-SA 3.0 license