Juntura is an unincorporated community in Malheur County, Oregon, United States on U.S. Route 20. The word juntura is Spanish for "juncture", and the community was named for its proximity to the confluence of the Malheur River with the North Fork Malheur River. The name was probably selected by local settler B. L. Milligan, who arrived in the area in the 1880s and who later served as county school superintendent. Juntura post office was established in 1890 and is still operating. The community's development slowed after World War II, and on November 2, 1976, the town voted to disincorporate. Juntura is part of the Ontario micropolitan area.
* Description and images provided by
CC-BY-SA 3.0 license