Fort Duchesne /duːˈʃeɪn/ is a census-designated place (CDP) in Uintah County, Utah, United States. The population was 714 at the 2000 census, an increase from the 2000 figure of 621.
Fort Duchesne was originally a fort, established by the United States Army in 1886 and closed in 1912. The community developed around it within the Uintah and Ouray Reservation, established in 1864. Several bands of Ute were forced on to the reservation about 1880.
The headquarters of the Ute Indian Tribe are located here. Its reservation includes much of Unintah and nearby counties.