Coltons Point is an unincorporated community in what is popularly called the "Seventh District" of St. Mary's County, Maryland, United States. Here are located a small historical museum, a lighthouse, and a Catholic devotional monument to the miraculous medal. Seasonal boat service at times carries visitors the short distance to the shrinking, uninhabited St. Clement's Island, where in 1634 the first European settlers arriving in Maryland landed and celebrated the first Catholic Mass in English-speaking North America. It was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1972.
* Description and images provided by
CC-BY-SA 3.0 license