- Take up a new hobby (preferably an active one since most of us are sitting down for many hours). Ex. skate After a long day of looking at your computer, it’s a good idea to move your body by doing a fun activity. You can learn how to dance, box, rollerskate… I recently started to learn how to skateboard and I try to practice as frequently as possible. It’s cool because it provides me with some release, while I exercise attention and focus through an activity that connects mind and body
- Read instead of watching TV Reading is just a better use of your time. It is much more beneficial. Studies have shown it can reduce stress by around 68%. Check out this link to see how reading is good for you.
- Sleep Whenever you feel tired, don’t fight it. If you’re not motivated to do anything else,or need an energy boost, take a nap throughout the day. Remember that we’re supposed to get 8-10 hours of sleep every night!
- Sit outside and look around If the tech/computer world feels like too much, go outside. Quietly listen to the sounds around you and try to identify what you hear. In this moment, take time to breathe and be present.
- Exercise/Yoga Shake your body! Jump up and down, run, do anything you want but keep yourself active. Most of the time we exhaust ourselves mentally, but our bodies don’t receive the attention they deserve.
- Spend time with your family/friends/pets You might be feeling very lonely or isolated right now; that’s why it’s important to spend time with family, friends, or pets. If this isn’t possible for you, take time out of your day to call a loved one or write a letter to a friend you haven’t seen in a while. Just don’t isolate yourself emotionally from the world. Keep in touch with as many people as possible! Also, check out this Instagram account by a New York based writer called Mari Andrew: @bymariandrew.
Niche No Essay Scholarship
Quick and Easy to Apply for a $2,000 Scholarship
Course Hero $4k College Giveaway
Easy to Enter, No Essay Needed
$1,000 August Scholarship
Each new school year is an opportunity for a fresh start, so we're giving away a $1,000 scholarship to help kickoff the new school year.