Rossford is a city in Wood County, Ohio, United States, located along the Maumee River in the Toledo metropolitan area. The population was 6,293 at the 2010 census. The town includes the intersection of Interstate 75 and the Ohio Turnpike. Rossford Public Library and WPAY serve the community.
Rossford was founded by Edward Ford of the Libbey-Owens-Ford Glass Company. In 1898, Ford purchased 173 acres (0.70 km2) along the Maumee River to build the Edward Ford Plate Glass Company.
As workers came to the factory, Ford named the resulting town "Rossford" by combining the last name of his second wife, Caroline Ross, with his. Shortly after the foundation of the plant, Ford built the Ford Club next to the plant, so workers could socialize. In 1998, Rossford's centennial, the town built a memorial next to the Ford Club in memory of the foundation of the town. The centennial was marked by a street fair, parade, concert, and several other accommodations.