Germfask Township is a civil township of Schoolcraft County in the U.S. state of Michigan. The population was 491 at the 2000 census.
The unincorporated community of Germfask is located in the northern part of the township where the Manistique River crosses M-77 on the eastern edge of the Seney National Wildlife Refuge at 46°14′58″N 85°55′33″W / 46.24944°N 85.92583°W / 46.24944; -85.92583. The ZIP code for Germfask is 49836.
The name was derived from the surname initials of eight of the original settlers of 1881: John Grant, Matthew Edge, George Robinson, Thaddeus Mead, Dr. W. W. French, Ezekiel Ackley, Oscar (O.D.) Sheppard, and Hezekiah Knaggs. The community was a station on the Manistique Railway and was given a post office on February 26, 1890.