Du Pont is a town in Clinch County, Georgia, United States. The population was 120 at the 2010 census.
According to the 1916 History of Clinch County the town was first settled around 1856 as Lawton, on the route of the newly chartered Atlantic and Gulf Railroad. During the Civil War, a branch line from Lawton to Live Oak, Florida, was built to assist the movement of Confederate troops and supplies, but was not completed until 1865, when the war was nearly over. The town was renamed in 1874 after J. P. A. DuPont, an early settler. It was incorporated as a city in 1889.