How to Use Fastweb to Find Scholarships
- Visit Your Scholarship Dashboard Regularly. When you log in to the updated My Fastweb, you’ll see new scholarship matches since your last login, the total number of scholarships you have been matched to, as well as the total number of dollars you could earn if you applied to each scholarship on your matches page.
- Keep Your Fastweb Profile Current.
Login and view your Fastweb profile often. Make it a habit to reassess and update your profile monthly. For instance, when you move up another grade level—update your profile.
Maybe your GPA increased or you joined a new club or extracurricular activity? If so, update it. You’ll qualify for more merit scholarships. Considering another major? Tell us about it.
The trick is to ensure your profile reflects the true you. The more current your profile is, the better scholarship matches you’ll receive. This makes finding and applying for scholarships so much easier!
Pro Tip:Use the Profile Wizard to verify or update your current school year, the year you’re applying for scholarships, your major interests, career objectives, ACT/SAT test scores, memberships you’re a part of, fraternity or sorority memberships and more!
- Keep Track of Your Scholarship Search.
The functionality of each student’s Fastweb profile was recently updated to help you stay organized.
Use the heart icon on your scholarship dashboard to favorite a particular scholarship opportunity.From your scholarship matches list, select the green check mark icon to highlight the scholarships you have already applied for.You can also help to enhance your scholarship matching algorithm by using the “More” menu drop down to boost your scholarship search experience.
- Check Out the National Scholarship Directory. Feel free to dig around Fastweb’s National Scholarship Directory. This massive list categorizes all vetted scholarships and grants into simple groups. Think of it as your scholarship sandbox—sift through scholarships by: • State • Heritage • Religion • School year • Other unique circumstances Use The National Scholarship Directory to find those weird scholarships to help you pay for college!
- NEW: Invite Your Support Team to Use Fastweb’s College Planning Tool The College Planning Tool was designed for parents and guardians of soon-to-be and current college students. This parent resource includes how-to information on the college planning process, and many FAQs that parents ask about college planning and college admissions. Parents can use the tool to prepare for college and plan for the FAFSA each year, too!