Most people use social media as a way to unwind, be inspired, or connect with friends and family. Essentially, it’s a tool that we associate with fun or creativity, but there is a business aspect to social channels as well. Many companies, organizations, and small businesses utilize social media to drum up new business, engage with their client base, and celebrate their product or services. Because of the global reach that social media provides, it’s more important than ever for businesses to create and maintain a social presence. With that, there is an ever-growing need for social media specialists for each business in every industry. Though social media internships may not have existed 10 years ago, it is a field that, nowadays, has a serious demand. If a social media job sounds appealing, there is no better time to start your career than in high school, college, or graduate school.Social media internships can be in-person, but you may find that a majority can be performed remotely. Whether they’re unpaid or not, there is value to a social media internship. It can be the launching point for your post-grad career in the very real, but still virtual, world of social media.
Social Media Internships
- Secret Media Writer Internship
- Videographer Internship
- Social Media Internship Deadline: Varies The internship is available to students with excellent social media skills, including demonstrated experience with Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. You must have experience with content creation, campaign strategies, and knowledge of platform trends is required. You must also have excellent writing and editing skills, specifically the ability to write accurate and compelling stories for a variety of social media platforms. Photography and video capture skills, utilizing a smartphone or DSLR camera, are required as well. Learn more about the Social Media Internship here.
- Social Media and Editorial Internship Deadline: Varies The Social Media and Editorial Internship is available to students pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree (enrolled and in process) in communications, business management, public relations, or similar field. You must be good at developing content and/or projects as needed, have high attention to detail, knowledge and application of communication plans and strategy, and ability to adapt to a changing environment to be considered for this position. Learn more about the Social Media and Editorial Internship here.
- Social Media Specialist Internship Deadline: Varies The Social Media Specialist Internship is available to responsible, deadline-driven, creative and motivated students. You must have a creative way of thinking and presenting through multiple social channels, experience in managing multiple social media platforms, and strong multitasking and time-management skills to reach deadlines to be considered for this position. Learn more about the Social Media Specialist Internship here.
- Marketing Content Writer Internship Deadline: Varies The Marketing Content Writer Internship is available to junior or senior level college students majoring in sales, marketing, communications, advertising, public relations or a related field. You must have an understanding of basic marketing techniques, outstanding written and verbal communication skills, and excellent organizational and planning skills to be considered for this position. Learn more about the Marketing Content Writer Internship here.