Academically• Please, please, please get a planner or have some way to keep track of assignments! This is a lifesaver during the easy (and the crazy) months, and that way, you can keep your grades up by turning in all of your assignments!
$1,000 March Scholarship
Easy to Apply
• Whatever easy points you can get from doing extra assignments or going to events, don’t pass up! They could end up saving your grade if you don’t do so well on a test.
• Professors will usually work with you on due dates and essays if you’re a busy person or all of your assignments seem to fall on the same due date. Don’t be afraid to ask for extensions if you truly need them.
• Your plans can - and will - change, even if it’s just what you’re going to do that night, or your entire major and switching to a new minor. Even your day to day schedule can change by adding last minute plans with friends, staying up late to knock out that essay or study, and sleeping in or taking a nap. Don’t be alarmed if you end up in a different place by the end of your freshman year that you thought you’d be at.
Get Your Custom List of Scholarships to Help Pay for School. Sign Up Now!
Fastweb is your connection to scholarships, financial aid & more.
• Always have extra food, pens (or pencils), paper, and money on you when you leave for class or are studying - you never know when you’re going to want a snack or your pencil runs out of lead!
• Always have a phone charger on you. If your life is on your phone, you probably already do, but there’s always outlets wherever you are on campus to charge your phone in case you can’t make it back to your dorm.
• Your friends from high school may or may not stay in touch. If they do, make the effort to talk to them in the beginning of the year before school gets hectic, and you’ll have a good support system that might help you with your homework if you ask them nicely. Keep in touch with your family, too, since they will miss you as much as you miss them!
• Find joy in the small things, whether that’s watching a movie with friends, enjoying a dinner of off-campus food, or whatever else you like to do to relax! It helps make the year a lot less stressful and a lot more fun! Your freshman year will go by fast - make the most of it with this advice!