$5,000 Discover® Student Loans Scholarship
No essay required. Students and parents are eligible to win.
3. Drop any classes you’ve decided not to take (as soon as possible so you don’t get charged)
4. Buy books, notebooks, school supplies, etc.
Course Hero $4k College Giveaway
Easy to Enter, No Essay Needed
6. Get a parking pass or a bike lock (if necessary)
7. Obtain your student ID
Niche No Essay Scholarship
Quick and Easy to Apply for a $2,000 Scholarship
9. Purchase season tickets to school sporting events if you plan on attending (they’re cheaper for students if you by them in the beginning of the year)
10. Set up an appointment with a financial aid advisor (if you want)
11. Set up your school email account (if you don’t already have one)
12. Evaluate which dorms have the best food (if you have a meal plan)
13. Locate the closest library to where you're living this year
14. Organize all of the class syllabus documents so you can reference them easily
15. Create a study schedule
16. Put important dates (like tests, assignment due dates, etc.) into your agenda book, phone, apps, calendar, etc.
17. Introduce yourself to others in your dorm or, if you live off campus, your neighbors
18. Sign up for and attend any club meetings you’re interested in becoming involved with this year
19. Sign up for Greek orientation, if you plan to rush a sorority or fraternity this year
20. Go to each of your professor’s office hours and introduce yourself (TA’s count, too!)
21. Check out your school’s study abroad office to explore your options for the future
22. Get something with your school’s logo on it to wear on game and/or spirit days
23. Begin looking for a part-time job, if you’re planning on getting one this semester
24. Find out where the student health center is located, just in case, as well as the gym and other student recreational facilities you can take advantage of while in school
25. Check in with your family and friends – they likely miss you much more than you know!