It’s Christmas time again - that means celebrations, time with family and friends, and my personal favorite: eating way too many of your favorite Christmas cookies. Looking for new recipes to try this holiday season? Try these 7 cookie recipes that will leave you saying “Just one more!”
- Chewy Classic Snickerdoodles
Is cinnamon your thing? Do you prefer a chewier cookie to a harder one? If so, try some snickerdoodles! A long-time holiday classic, snickerdoodle cookies never fail to please.
- Decorative Sugar Cookies
An option for the more artistic (or just adventurous) cookie fans: try decorating your own cookies for Christmas! This option not only makes delicious cookies, but also provides for a little holiday fun.
- Chocolate Crinkle Cookies
An underrated classic is the crinkle cookie! You can make them chocolate, or even use food coloring to make them red and green (or any other color that tickles your fancy.)
- Creative Chocolate Chip Cookies Spice up your traditional chocolate chip cookies this year with sea salt, nuts, coconut, or other additional flavors. We’ve all had classic chocolate chip cookies, but try branching out and incorporating new tastes. Try one of these ideas, or come up with one of your own! Next time someone asks for the recipe, you’ll be able to tell them you came up with it yourself.
- Gingerbread Cookies No Christmas cookie list would be complete with our holiday favorite - gingerbreads. Not only will these cookies bring back memories of your Childhood Christmases, they also have so many options! Make a gingerbread man, regular round cookies, or even attempt to create your own gingerbread house, complete with candy and icing.
- Macaroons If you’re a fan of coconut, how about the macaroon? Macaroons aren’t a traditional cookie shape, but can offer some variety in flavor or texture from the rest of your cookie box. Alternatively, try your hand at a traditional French macaron. Both of these options are great to change up the same old shape of cookies and will increase your baking skills!
- Shortbread Cookies Why not finish out the list with a more simple cookie? The buttery taste of the shortbread cookie can always be a go-to when in doubt. Finish out the cookie by adding Christmas sprinkles or chocolate drizzle. This Christmas cookie will look perfect among the others that you’ve worked so hard to create - or just by themselves!