- Figure out what you are looking for.
- Look up the colleges you are interested in on social media.
Now that you have schools you’re interested in, looking up the colleges that you are interested in is the first step in picturing yourself at the school. To look colleges up, I recommend using Instagram: it’s simpler in my opinion, and you can get a lot of information from this platform (story highlights, past posts, tagged photos, and so on).
- Look at who they follow.
- Look at their likes and replies (Twitter). Twitter is also a useful platform to use when researching and looking into different colleges. Twitter has a feature where you can see their replies to other tweets and likes. Looking at an account's replies, you might be able to find answers to questions that you have, announcements, and other information. The same goes for their likes. You can find more information and helpful tips about their applications and college life.
- Follow places around the college (coffee shops, gyms, small businesses, etc.) Following places around the college is beneficial as well. Getting to know the environment of the school and the location is extremely important, and you can feel better about going to school in the area since you would already know about it.
- Follow/look into companies the college associates with. You might not realize it, but looking up and following companies that the college associates with is a great way to gain more information about life at college. The companies the college associates with will probably be companies/businesses that offer internships, jobs, and mentoring programs to students. Looking into these businesses and companies can help you see the opportunities they offer for students attending that college. Social media is such a beneficial tool to take advantage of, so use it! Take a few minutes out of your day to look around, gain information, and even motivation to find your dream colleges. I wish you tons of luck on your college search; hopefully you find your perfect fit!
Following colleges on social media can give you great insight into whether or not they're the right fit for you.
Searching for colleges you are interested in can be stressful. There are many factors to consider, and there are so many colleges to choose from. There are also many ways to research colleges that you are interested in, and one of those ways is through social media! Here are some tips to help you navigate researching your college choices through social media, and how to make this a beneficial resource for you!