$5,000 Discover® Student Loans Scholarship
No essay required. Students and parents are eligible to win.
- Go to summer school. I know, I know. More school? For some of you, this may be the last way you want to spend your summer. But if you are someone who likes to get ahead or are simply interested in a certain class, taking a course outside of the regular school year is a great way to do so.
- Find a job, internship, or do some volunteer work. Finding one of these could be a great opportunity to gain new experiences, learn new skills, and build your resume during your break—especially if you don’t have any other obligations this summer.
- Begin your back-to-school shopping. Okay here me out...Yes, it’s extremely early to shop for school supplies, but it may take the burden off you and your family once fall arrives. Personally, I remember it was pretty hectic to try to check off every single thing that you need amongst a crowd of other students and their parents trying to do the same. If you’re going away for college, maybe try checking stores periodically to see if you could stock up on a few things for your dorm room.
- Apply for scholarships! There’s no better time to start racking up dollars for college tuition than right now. The rules of probability indicate that the more scholarships that you apply for, the higher your chances of winning one! Fastweb has your back in identifying the right ones for you, and if you sign up for your free Fastweb profile, you’ll automatically get matched to hundreds of personalized scholarships that you can sign up for!
- Spend time with your loved ones. You won’t be living with your parents (or other caregivers) forever. This summer could be the last time that you spend in your current living situation, so make time for family and other loved ones on top of your other commitments. It can be dedicating one day a week to them, going on vacation, or simply seeing a new movie together; regardless, don’t take this time that you have with them for granted. “Loved ones” also includes yourself, by the way. Practice self-care, go on a solo adventure and do things just because you enjoy them during your break. Creating a balance between work and personal life will be an essential part of adulthood, so start practicing now!
Niche No Essay Scholarship
Quick and Easy to Apply for a $2,000 Scholarship
$2,000 CollegeXpress Scaredy Cat Scholarship
In just one sentence: What scares you most about the college admission process?