Niche No Essay Scholarship
Quick and Easy to Apply for a $2,000 Scholarship
- Household income must be $100,000 or less (in three years, the minimum household income will increase to $125,000).
- Must be an undergraduate enrolled at SUNY or CUNY campuses.
- Commit to living in the state of New York after graduation for the same amount of time they received funding (i.e. if they took advantage of free tuition for three years, graduates must commit to living and working in the state for three years after).
- No age limits or high school graduation requirement; however, can’t be in default on existing student loans.
- Must be a United States citizen; the scholarship is not available for permanent residents or refugees.
- Be a full-time student that maintains a certain GPA.
- Students enrolled in two-year programs must graduate within two years, just as students in four-year programs must complete their education in four years.
Course Hero $4k College Giveaway
Easy to Enter, No Essay Needed
While the measure will save students thousands of dollars over their college career, many are calling the requirement to stay in the state after graduation the “catch-22” of the bill. If students take a job in California before their commitment to live and work in New York has ended, the Excelsior Scholarship becomes a loan and must be repaid. It does not allow room for graduates to pursue career opportunities wherever they choose.
Easy to apply, with no fees.
Discover® Student Loans
- Tennessee: Tennessee Promise and Tennessee Reconnect
- Oregon: Oregon Promise
- Rhode Island: Rhode Island Promise
- Minnesota: MnSCU Two-Year Occupational Grant Pilot Program (*limited free tuition)
- Arkansas: ArFuture Grant (*limited free tuition)
- Kentucky: Work Ready Kentucky Scholarship (*limited free tuition)