If You Didn’t Get into Your Dream College
If You Were Waitlisted
1. As you as you get the decision let the school know you are still interested. Sooner is better because responding quickly (like the same day) will show admissions how serious you are about the college.
2. Remember to always follow up. You should send additional letters and essays about how much you want to attend the university. If they keep hearing from you, they won’t forget you.
3. Keep your grades up and if possible try to improve them. Nothing impresses colleges more than continued determination and revamped work ethic.
4. Continually let the college know about any additional accomplishments you achieved. This includes internships, awards and, if the college allows it, additional letters of recommendation.
5. Be intense, but polite. If the admissions office feels like you are attacking them they will no longer want to consider your acceptance. Don’t send gifts or have other people call for you. Let your words and your credentials speak for themselves.