1. Stay in groupsThis is an obvious tip, but it is important enough to be reiterated. Sticking with a group of friends is definitely the safest thing you can do. Never leave a party without at least one other person and never let friends go off by themselves. There is always safety in numbers, and that’s even more important on crazy weekends like Halloween.
2. Keep your phone with you (and charged!)Don’t leave your phone in a bag somewhere or give it to someone else to hold. It may be tempting when your perfect costume doesn’t really lend itself to pockets, or it doesn’t go with your look, but you have to keep your phone. If you do get separated, you will need it to call someone for help. Make sure it’s charged, so that you are able to use it should you need to. A dead phone isn’t going to help anybody.
3. Set limits – and stick to themNo one likes to hear this tip, but it’s always smart to set limits on how much you drink. It’s a good way to make sure that you don’t go too overboard and end up in a sticky situation.
4. Look up campus safe-ride numbersA lot of campuses have numbers that you can call on the weekends to get you home safely for free. Look those numbers up before you go out and save them in your phone in case you need them. It’s always best to have them just in case.
5. Have the number of a taxi companyAlthough it sucks to have to pay for a cab, the price is small compared to what could happen if you tried to walk alone or got lost. Just like the safe ride number, keep a taxi company number stored in your phone as well. Sometimes the safe ride number gets backed up with so many calls, especially on a weekend like Halloween. If this happens, you will be ready with a backup that can get you home safely. No matter what your plans are this Halloween, remember these safety tips and you’re sure to have a fun and safe weekend.
To find everything Halloween for students, follow Fastweb's Pinterest page!
You Might Also Like
High Value Scholarship
Join to Enter
Save up to 50%