Sarcastic and Silly Ways to Answer
1. Change the subject. Look, a bird!
2. Tell the person you've always been interested in running for office and to keep an eye out for your name on an upcoming local election ballot.
3. In a solemn voice, tell the person you are against hunger and plan to end it.
5. Say you’re toying with the idea of furthering your education. (Regardless of the truth. If they press you for what you're going to study, refer to number 1 or number 4.)
6. Tell the person you’re going to try your hand at writing for awhile (You practically text all day anyway, right?)
7. Say you’re going into “Career Research Services.” Just forget to mention that the only client you’re researching a career for is yourself.
8. Let them know you’re going into “Food Industry Management.” Nobody needs to know that means you’re on the day shift at Red Robin – not that that’s anything to be ashamed of in the first place.
9. Share that you’re considering traveling the world until your funds run out. Who knows? They may even decide to donate to the cause!
10. You’re working with underprivileged children. (Those kids you babysit only have one iPad, right?)
If none of these work and, if all else fails, the truth works just as well.
Especially because there’s nothing to be ashamed of – you will end up where you need to be exactly when you need to be there.
“What are you doing after graduation?”
You Might Also Like
High Value Scholarship
Join to Enter
Save up to 50%