Private Student Loan Offers For Your School

Find additional ways to make ends meet while pursuing your degree.

More Options

Financial Aid

Financial Aid for Military Service

Let your country serve you with military education benefits.

The Fastweb Team

May 23, 2018

Financial Aid for Military Service
The Army, Navy, Air Force, Marine Corps and Coast Guard can offer a lot of assistance for students heading to college. Whether you're a veteran, a child or spouse of a veteran, or a student planning a career in the military, there are programs that can help fund your college career. Funding for Veterans and Veterans' Dependents To repay service in the military, the federal government offers educational support for those who have served and those whose parents have served. These funds require no additional military service. Programs include:
To learn more about these programs, visit the US Department of Veterans Affairs' Web site.

Get Your Custom List of Scholarships to Help Pay for School. Sign Up Now!

Fastweb is your connection to scholarships, financial aid & more.

Tuition in Exchange for Service All branches of the military offer education funding programs to encourage students to enlist. If you are interested in a career in the military and want to combine that experience with your formal education, you should take advantage of one of these programs. You have two options: programs that allow you to earn college tuition while you serve, or programs that fund your education on the condition that you commit to serve after graduation. Earn While You Serve
  • Montgomery GI Bill – Earn money for college while serving your tour of duty. Active and Reserve duty programs are available. Apply for the Montgomery GI Bill when you enroll in any approved two- or four-year college, university or vocational/technical school. You’ll find the most current information about the GI Bill, including service requirements and payment rates, at the U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs.
  • College Funds – Each branch of the military offers specialized education programs and tuition benefits. Talk to your local recruiter to learn about qualification requirements.
Learn While You Serve

Join the Discussion

Fastweb makes finding scholarships a breeze.

Become a member and gain exclusive access to our database of over 1.5 million scholarships.

By clicking, I agree to the Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.