Wilsonville is a town in southeastern Shelby County, Alabama, United States, located northeast of Columbiana. At the 2010 census the population was 1,867. Wilsonville is named after the earliest settler in the area, Elisha Wilson.
The town was incorporated in 1897. 3 years later in 1900, it had the distinction of being the largest community in Shelby County with 1,095, edging out the county seat of Columbiana by 20 people. It lost the distinction to Columbiana in 1910 and would not exceed its 1900 population again until 1990.