South Woodstock is an unincorporated village in the town of Woodstock in Windsor County, Vermont, United States. Its elevation is 1,040 feet (317 m), and it is located at 43°33′56″N 72°31′56″W / 43.56556°N 72.53222°W / 43.56556; -72.53222 (43.5656256, -72.5323158), in the Kedron Valley.
A post office was established in South Woodstock in 1828; today, its ZIP code is 05071. The ZCTA for ZIP Code 05071 had a population of 456 at the 2000 census. The ZCTA includes large areas outside the village district and includes the entire southern portion of the town of Woodstock.
Once a center of sheep husbandry, South Woodstock is split between commercial and residential areas. Beside the post office, public services in the community include a volunteer fire department; moreover, Woodstock maintains a local police department.
The South Woodstock Village Historic District was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1983. The historic district consists of 44 contributing and 11 non-contributing properties over an area of 360 acres (150 ha), including a significant concentration of brick buildings. The district includes examples of Greek Revival and Federal architecture from before the American Civil War. Notable buildings include an 1825 school that became a Grange Hall, the South Chapel (1839), and the Perkins Academy (1848).