Proctor is an unincorporated community located in Comanche County, Texas, United States. According to the Handbook of Texas, the community had an estimated population of 220 in 2000.
It is situated along U.S. Highway 377 in eastern Comanche County, approximately twelve miles northeast of Comanche.
Thomas O. Moore established the community in 1872. The settlement was moved to its present site in the early 1890s to be on the route of the Fort Worth and Rio Grande Railroad. Briefly known as Camden, the name was soon changed to Proctor. During the early 20th century, Proctor flourished, but began to decline by the 1930s. The community is now home to around 220 residents.
Although Proctor is unincorporated, it has a post office, with the ZIP code 76468. Public education in the community is provided by the Comanche Independent School District.