Pinedale is an unincorporated community in Navajo County, Arizona, United States. The population was 487 at the 2010 census. The elevation is approximately 6,500 ft (2,000 m) and it is part of the Mogollon Rim mountain range.
Pinedale was first known as Mortenson, after Neils Mortenson who established a Mormon settlement there in 1879. It was also known as Percheron, for the breed of stallions which Mortenson had brought with him. By 1888, however, the settlement was called Pinedale.
The former Pinedale Elementary School is now a historic building.
* Description and images provided by
CC-BY-SA 3.0 license