Pierson is a village in Montcalm County of the U.S. state of Michigan. The population was 172 at the 2010 census. The village is within Pierson Township.
In 1856, David S. Pierson acquired forty acres of land here. With Dexter Clark and John L. Shar, Pierson founded the community while it was still part of Mecosta County. Pierson opened the first post office in his home on January 29, 1857. It was platted in 1870 and incorporated as a village in 1873.