Perrin is a census-designated place (CDP) and unincorporated community in southeastern Jack County, Texas, United States. As of the 2010 census it had a population of 398. It is located at the intersection of US Highway 281 and FM 2210.
It was established in 1870 and named for Levi W. Perrin, the father of the town's founder, Louis Perrin. In the early 20th century, the small town supported two banks and was larger than Jacksboro. Perrin was in prime consideration for the county seat and was only passed over for Jacksboro because it was not centrally located within the county.
US 281 leads north from Perrin 14 miles (23 km) to Jacksboro and south 16 miles (26 km) to Mineral Wells. Fort Worth is 53 miles (85 km) to the southeast.
Businesses in the community include the Pirates Cove (the town's only gas station), Perrin Feed and Hardware, the US Post Office (ZIP code 76486), multiple churches, and the school.
The Perrin-Whitt Consolidated Independent School District serves area students including those living in the nearby community of Whitt.