Paris is a city and county seat of Bear Lake County, Idaho, United States. Located on the western side of the Bear Lake Valley, the city's population was 513 at the 2010 census, down from 576 in 2000. Paris was settled on September 26, 1863, by pioneer settlers of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
Paris was settled by a group of dedicated Mormons led by Charles C Rich. During early years, pioneers suffered difficulties with the harsh cold climate, however their determination and faith kept them from leaving the area.
Paris sports an impressive landmark for a city of its size: the LDS Bear Lake Stake Tabernacle, a sandstone church designed by Joseph Don Carlos Young and built between 1884 and 1889. It seats around 1,400 people.