Woodbridge Township is a civil township of Hillsdale County in the U.S. state of Michigan. It comprises thirty sections and is located in south-central area of Hillsdale County.
The current Woodbridge Township Hall was built in 1855 after the Woodbridge Township board voted and approved $250 for the construction of a town hall. They also appropriated $10 to purchase a suitable site located in Section 16 of Woodbridge Township. The building committee eventually selected the building site at the corner of Woodbridge and Montgomery roads, just west, and above the St. Joseph River. The original structure was constructed using popular, or tulip wood and completed in 1856. Approximately twenty years later an addition was built onto the original structure and soon after, in 1890, polling booths and a dividing fence were completed.
Other than maintaining the exterior with new paint, the township hall remains much the way it was from its humble, yet practical beginning.
In 1975 the township clerk responded to an inquiry by the Michigan Township Association, who was attempting to validate the oldest town hall still in operation in the state of Michigan and on November 1, 1975, it was verified that the Woodbridge Township Hall was the oldest operational structure. The population was 1,337 at the 2000 census.