Callaway is an unincorporated community in Franklin County, Virginia, United States. Callaway is 8.8 miles (14.2 km) west of Rocky Mount. Callaway has a post office with ZIP code 24067, which opened on July 14, 1871.
Bleak Hill was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 2002.
The Piedmont Presbyterian Church in Callaway is reported to be the first Presbyterian church erected in the county of Franklin County, Virginia. Constructed by Benjamin Deyerle about 1850, the Flemish bond Greek revival church, has two front entrances, shuttered windows and a pedimented front gable. Reportedly, Benjamin Deyerle's slaves made the bricks on the nearby William Callaway farm and then laid the bricks for the church building.