Blountsville is a town in Blount County, Alabama, United States. As of the 2010 census it had a population of 1,684.
Blount County was created by the Alabama territorial legislature on February 6, 1818, from land ceded to the federal government by the Creek Nation on August 9, 1814. It was named for Gov. Willie G. Blount of Tennessee, who provided assistance to settlers in Alabama during the Creek War of 1813-14. It lies in the northeastern section of the state, generally known as the mineral region.
* Description and images provided by
CC-BY-SA 3.0 license