Andrews is the county seat of Andrews County in the Permian Basin of West Texas. Andrews sits at the bottom of the Texas panhandle, approximately thirty miles east of New Mexico.
Andrews was incorporated on February 2, 1937. Both the city and county were named for Richard Andrews, the first Texan soldier to die in the Texas Revolution.
The population was 12,718 as of 2013.