Albert City is a city in Buena Vista County, Iowa, United States. The population was 699 at the 2010 census.
The town was established in 1890 on property owned by George Anderson, and was initially named Manthorp, after a town in Sweden. However, the post office department was concerned that the town's name would be confused with the nearby community of Marathon, so Manthorp was renamed for Albertina Anderson, the founder's wife. Albert City was incorporated in 1900.
The museum in Albert City is located in the former Chicago, Milwaukee and Pacific Railroad-Albert City Station, which is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
The Albert City Threshermen & Collectors Show has been an annual summer event since 1971.