- Fill Out & Submit Your FAFSA
- Register for February Standardized Tests, If Necessary Whether you feel prepared or not, over preparing is never a problem. Check out Fastweb’s test prep section for additional tips and tricks that may give you an added advantage on your test day. Also, check with the colleges and universities which you would send test scores to. Are they even considering test scores in their admissions decisions right now? Or have they gone test optional? Because of the COVID-19 pandemic, many colleges and universities are either weighing test scores less or not at all. Learn more here.
- Send Your First Semester Transcripts to Colleges You’ve Applied To You won’t physically be sending these – but you should ask your counselor or guidance office to do so. Then, at the end of your second semester, you will ask your counselor or guidance office to send your second semester transcripts as well. It’s always a good idea to check in after a week or so to ensure that they’ve been sent, just because the office will have a lot of student requests. You want to make sure your request doesn’t fall through the cracks!
- Focus on Your Second Semester Classes Keep in mind that, no matter how your first semester went, second semester is a fresh start. Colleges love to see continual improvement; and, if your grades pick up second semester, your chances of getting off a wait list or deferral list are that much better. At the same time, if your grades take a drastic turn for the worse during second semester, colleges can actually rescind their admission decision. So whether or not you feel like putting in the work, you can't shrug off your homework assignments, writing papers and studying for big exams. Treat this semester like you would any other.
- Avoid Senioritis Speaking of shrugging off your work...you may have heard about Senioritis and laughed it off – but it’s the real deal. It causes a lack of motivation, general laziness and lethargy. Whatever you do, don’t allow yourself to become a victim of senioritis – it will impact your chances of getting into the college of your dreams! Just see the above. You will find that at the end of the semester, your teachers will generally be looser with assignments and tests. They are well aware that you have quite a bit going on right now. But while class is clipping along at its regular speed, make sure you are, too.
- Update your Fastweb Profile and Apply for Scholarships When was the last time you updated your Fastweb profile? Updating your profile with new information can actually increase the amount of scholarships you see in your matches. For instance, you could get a scholarship just because your parents work with a specific employer in our scholarship database. Take advantage of these opportunities by updating your profile now. As always, continue to apply for any scholarships you qualify for in your down time. Submitting scholarship applications doesn’t take as long as you may think and has a huge pay off! Check out these 2021 scholarships. This should be a constant on your to do list – just make sure you actually submit your scholarship applications. College is right around the corner and you can use all of the financial assistance available. Remember, the more applications you submit, the better your chances of winning a scholarship.
- Get a Part-Time Job Getting a part-time job is a great way to gain job experience for your resume and help stretch your student budget. But, did you know that a part-time job can also help you pay for school? Whether you work part-time on or near campus during the school year or a seasonal job during breaks from school, you can utilize the money from your paychecks to help pay for college. Furthermore, many employers of their employees scholarships -- here are just a few examples of employer tuition assistance. If you're searching for a part-time job opportunity, try to be strategic about where you end up. They could help you pay for college. Start your job search with Fastweb part-time jobs to find job matches near you.
$1,000 March Scholarship
Easy to Apply
Get Your Custom List of Scholarships to Help Pay for School. Sign Up Now!
Fastweb is your connection to scholarships, financial aid & more.