Common Questions and AnswersThe best way to prepare for the part-time job interview is to have some answers to common questions. Prepare answers for the following:
• Why are you interested in working here?
• How has school or past experiences prepared you for working part-time?
• Why should we hire you?
• How long do you plan to work here?
• Tell me about a major problem you had recently and how you handled it.
• What are your salary expectations? Generally, your answers should reflect that you’re a motivated worker looking to gain experience in the working world – not just trying to make money. Go over your answers with a friend or parent to prepare for the part-time job interview. Also, ask your parents, older siblings or mentors for advice on how to answers these questions based on the type of job you’re hoping to secure.