When you walk into an interview, you can expect to be asked a lot of questions. No doubt that you’ve been preparing for an interview by reviewing common job interview questions and answers. However, there is another set of questions you should keep in mind for your job interview as well.
At the end of the job interview
, the interviewer will undoubtedly ask if you have any questions. In this instance, the job interviewer isn’t just being polite; it’s essentially another test within the job interview. The interviewer is attempting to determine how interested you are in the job, whether you’re comfortable asking questions and how well you’ve been listening.
Below are a few questions you can ask your interviewer when the time comes:
If you want more information about the role you’re interviewing for …
Niche No Essay Scholarship
Quick and Easy to Apply for a $2,000 Scholarship
1. What are the day-to-day responsibilities in this role?
2. What does your perfect candidate look like?
If you would like to know more about the company itself…
Course Hero $4k College Giveaway
Easy to Enter, No Essay Needed
3. What is the company culture like?
4. Once I’m hired, what is the training process like?
If you want to gauge how you will be viewed as an employee…
Easy to apply, with no fees.
Discover® Student Loans
5. Is there potential to be promoted here even though I am working part-time?
6. How will my performance be judged?
7. Are there incentives to staying with the company or meeting certain milestones?
8. Are there any shortcomings in me that you see that would prevent me from working here?
If you want to know more about the interviewer and how they feel about the company…
9. How long have you been with the company?
10. What is your favorite thing about your job?
If you want more details on the timeline of the hiring process…
11. What is the next step in the hiring process?
12. When should I expect to hear from you?
13. When is the expected start date for this job?