Niche No Essay Scholarship
Quick and Easy to Apply for a $2,000 Scholarship
- Chill Hits If you are looking for a playlist to listen to when you work out, do homework, or just relax, this is the perfect playlist. This playlist is diverse, with songs that have calming beats keeping you focused and relaxed in whatever you are doing. It is filled with music styles from pop, R&B, and Indie pop. My favorite song off this playlist is Off the Table by Ariana Grande and The Weekend, their vocals are beautiful and not distracting from something you may be doing.
- Your Favorite Coffeehouse If you usually like to study in a coffee-shop type of environment, this playlist is for you! The songs in this playlist have the same type of feel, they make you feel like you should have a nice cup of coffee or tea right next to you. These songs can help you remain focused, since they aren’t loud or distracting. Most of the songs have a calming guitar/piano acoustic which is peaceful, and can make you feel less stressed.
- Classical Music Classical music may be considered “boring,” but there are so many benefits to listening to it! Harvard Health Publishing mentions that classical music has many health benefits. But, in our situation, it has many student-study benefits by boosting brain power and creativity, and helping to reduce stress. I personally love this type of music because I grew up with it, and I always love to encourage others to get on the “classical music train!”
- Frédéric Chopin As mentioned above, I have an appreciation for classical music. My favorite all time composer is Frédéric Chopin, a Polish composer from the 1800’s. His music usually has a strong piano presence. This element, I personally believe, helps me concentrate better since the background instruments he uses (if any), are not distracting. If you enjoy music strictly on the piano, I highly recommend Chopin, specifically his nocturnes—w which means music inspired by the night.
- Chill Study Beats If you are one for chill, lo-fi (meaning low fidelity) beats, this playlist has about seven hours of it! Lo-fi music has hints of hip-hop, jazz, and classical music: but there are no lyrics. This is perfect if you get distracted listening to lyrics, but you want some type of background noise while you study. According to Hyde School studies actually show that lo-fi music helps your brain stay focused while studying.
- Jazz for Study Jazz music has classical music elements, with a soulful or blues-like twist. This type of music originated in the 1800’s in the southern U.S., and since then, has always been an influential genre in music. Some jazz songs have lyrics, but all are beautifully written and composed. Jazz also has stress-reducing components, according to neuroscientists .
- Deep Study This study playlist has many beats to listen to. They are upbeat, strong, and not very distracting. Some songs have lyrics, others do not. This playlist also consists of international artists, so you can guess that most of the beats and songs are diverse.
- Binaural Beats According to a CSU Global blog post , binaural beats are proven to increase cognitive function, and help you focus better due to the beats’ high frequency. These beats—not songs—can also help you meditate, reduce anxiety, and at the end of the day—sleep. They are however, sound frequencies. Essentially this is just one sound for a period of time. If you can’t work in a quiet room, but do not like listening to actual music while working, this listening to a variety of frequencies may be for you.
- Tiny Leaps, Big Changes If you would rather listen to a podcast than music, I recommend listening to this lifestyle podcast hosted by Gregg Clunis. This podcast shares small ways to improve your lifestyle, and is actually very informative. Topics range anywhere from building a positive mentality to time management and organizing your life. So while you're doing your homework, consider listening for tips to improve your way of life at the same time!
- Nature Sounds
Course Hero $4k College Giveaway
Easy to Enter, No Essay Needed
Easy to apply, with no fees.
Discover® Student Loans