Get Your Custom List of Scholarships to Help Pay for School. Sign Up Now!
Fastweb is your connection to scholarships, financial aid & more.
Rental DressesThis is the night! While it may be overwhelming at first to choose the “perfect” outfit, if you try to remain realistic and enthusiastic during your search, you’ll undoubtedly find a dress that’s made for you. Try to be mindful of a budget as well. Yes, it’s a special night, but… it’s only one night. If money is a concern, renting a dress is a smart idea. Here are a few links that I browsed through while searching for a prom dress: Rent the Runway: Prom Dresses & Gowns Charlotte’s Closet JJ’s House Prom Dress Rentals
2021 Prom Dress TrendsBelow are the top Prom looks this year.
- Ball Gowns This classic dress out of fairytales will have you feeling like royalty the whole night!
- Two-Piece Dresses As a modern twist to the traditional ball gown, you can mix-and-match the top and bottom for an endless combination of styles that you like best.
- High-Low Gowns If you typically prefer shorter dresses, these gowns that are high in the front and long in the back are a perfect choice for you so you still keep the formality of prom.
- Off-the-Shoulder Dresses An increasingly popular trend that will make you look like a goddess on your special day!
- A Pant-Suit Look Pant-suits are one of the most recent trends for prom that is an elegant, unique look that is not just reserved for business meetings anymore.
Rental TuxedosFormal events are usually okay to wear business attire to, but prom night definitely calls for a tuxedo. Don’t worry though– you can rent out a tuxedo online or at a local store. Here are some links to online retailers to assist you with your search: Men’s Wearhouse Tuxedo Rental Jim's Formal Wear Tuxedo Rental Generation Tux Online Tuxedo Rentals
2021 Prom Tux TrendsBelow are some fun tux trends:
- The Blue Tux Not only will blue add a pop of color in a sea of black tuxedos, but blue prom dresses are one of the most popular colors for girls, so you and your date (if you have one) will look like a super stylish power couple.
- The Classic Tux When in doubt, go with the classic black and white look. It makes a sophisticated look for all skin tones!
- A Hint of Color If you want something different than the typical monotone fashion, but don’t want anything too showy, then a hint of color under your jacket is exactly what you need. Vests come in a variety of colors, but try to pick one that is similar to your skin tone or eye color.
- A Floral Jacket Talk about a fashion statement! Choosing a patterned jacket and bowtie over a white shirt will definitely make you stand out from the crowd. Florals are perfect for springtime, and are totally “in” for 2021.
- Velvet Velvet is known to be a more sophisticated material, and will up your game for prom this year. Go for a colored velvet jacket to really show it off!