Helps patients by supporting personal hygiene and daily living needs; providing comfort, transportation, and vital sign monitoring.
* Provides patients' personal hygiene by giving showers, shampoos, and shaves; assisting with travel to the bathroom.
* Provides for activities of daily living by assisting with serving meals, feeding patients as necessary; ambulating, turning, and positioning patients; providing fresh water and nourishment between meals.
* Maintains patient stability by checking vital signs and weight; recording intake and output information.
* Provides patient comfort by utilizing resources and materials; transporting patients; answering patients' call lights and requests; reporting observations of the patient to nursing supervisor.
* Documents actions by completing forms, reports, logs, and records.
* Maintains work operations by following policies and procedures.
* Protects organization's value by keeping patient information confidential.
* Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; participating in professional organizations; maintaining licensure.