Protects and develops children by identifying children's needs; providing growth environments; arranging for services.
* Identifies children's needs by investigating complaints and referrals; examining home conditions and social environment; evaluating psychological well-being; arranging for physical examinations.
* Meets children's needs by identifying and arranging for services; coaching parents and caregivers.
* Provides foster care families by evaluating foster parents, social environment, and living conditions; monitoring children's care and development; coaching foster parents and siblings; terminating contract with foster parents.
* Provides adoptive families by evaluating adoptive parents, social environment, and living conditions; coaching adoptive parents and siblings; recommending or advising against adoption.
* Prepares for children's birth by coaching unmarried parents; arranging for medical and counseling services.
* Documents actions by completing records.
* Avoids legal challenges by complying with legal requirements.
* Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks.
* Enhances social services and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Connecting with Children, Handles Pressure, Objectivity, Confidentiality, Persistence, Proactive, Listening, Verbal Communication, Administrative Writing Skills, Client Relationships, Legal Compliance