Russian Mission (Iqugmiut in Central Yup'ik) is a city in Kusilvak Census Area, Alaska. It was the location of a fur trading post of the Russian-American Company in 1842. It was officially named Russian Mission after the sale of Russian American possessions to the United States. The sale of alcohol is prohibited. At the 2010 census the population was 312, up from 296 in 2000.