Colquitt is a city in Miller County, in the southwestern portion of the U.S. state of Georgia. The population was 1,939 at the 2000 census. Colquitt is the county seat of Miller County, a role it has held since just after Miller County was created by the Georgia Legislature in 1856. The city formally incorporated on December 19, 1860, and is Miller County's only incorporated municipality. Colquitt is named for U.S. Congressman and Senator, Walter Terry Colquitt.
The Colquitt Town Square Historic District was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1983.
* Description and images provided by
CC-BY-SA 3.0 license