• Focus on Your Second Semester ClassesYou may be sick of hearing this, but college applications are right around the corner. It is important to keep in mind that, no matter how your first semester went, second semester is a fresh start. Your junior year grades are pivotal to your college admissions, so keeping your focus now is, perhaps, more important than ever before.
• Register for February Standardized Tests, If NecessaryWhether you’re taking your standardized exams for the first time or retaking, it’s still a good idea to prepare so you can continually improve your score. Check out Fastweb’s test prep section for additional tips and tricks that may give you an added advantage on your test day.
• Participate in Your CoursesIt’s important to stay active within class and participate in a manner that is impressive to your teachers so that when it’s time to ask for recommendation letters, you have plenty of options. Teachers don’t like to write recommendation letters for students they don’t know, aren’t familiar with or sleep through classes. So perk up and speak up – it will benefit you in the long run.
• Save Impressive Academic WorkSome college request examples of your academic work, such as impressive essays or lab reports you’ve created. Save any work that you’re most proud of and that you’ve received the best grades on, just in case you’re applying to any colleges that may require this. That way, you won’t be scrambling at the last minute to find examples and end up submitting a mediocre example you’re not as proud to share.
• Apply for ScholarshipsAs always, continue to apply for any scholarships you qualify for in your down time. Submitting scholarship applications doesn’t take as long as you may think and has a huge pay off! This should be a constant on your to do list – just make sure you actually submit your scholarship applications!
• Get a Part-Time JobGetting a part-time job is a great way to gain job experience for your resume and help stretch your student budget. Check out Fastweb part-time jobs to find job matches near you.
You Might Also Like
Earn a Scholarship today!
Quick and Easy to Apply
Easy to Apply For