Our most recent update will streamline how students organize their scholarship search
– and make it a little more fun. In the past, students have been able to indicate which scholarships they’re interested in as well as which they’ve applied to.
That functionality has stayed the same; however, there is now an easier way to differentiate your scholarships. Additionally, users will be able to help our research team with our database and algorithm matching by providing some feedback on their Scholarship Matches
For Scholarships You’re Interested In…
If you find a scholarship from your matches list that you’re interested in applying to, you’ll simply click the heart icon in order to favorite it.
For Scholarships You’ve Applied To…
Whenever you apply to a scholarship from your matches list, click the green check mark icon to show that you’ve applied.
To Help Us Help You…
Finally, your new Scholarship Matches list will have a dropdown menu that can provide us with more information about the scholarships you’ve been matched to as well as the awards in our database. You will first click the more icon:
And then from this dropdown, you will be able to tell us:
By sharing this data with us, you’ll be able to help us better match you to scholarships in the future as well as assist our research team in making sure all scholarship information is up-to-date.
See More of Your Scholarships
You will see one more big change to your Scholarship Matches list. Now, you can get more details on a particular scholarship directly on the page.
In addition to the scholarship name, award amount, and deadline, you’ll be able to view a brief description of each scholarship. With this information, you’ll can decide if you’re interested in the award.
How to Win Scholarships
We love helping students simplify and organize their scholarship search, and we love to share in our members’ success. In order to increase your chances of winning scholarships, we recommend that you do the following:
- Update your Fastweb profile frequently. As a student, your life is evolving, and your Fastweb profile should too. As you join new organizations or take on new jobs, please include those in your profile. Doing so will enable us to match you to more scholarships that you qualify for.
- Apply to multiple scholarships each week. We know you have a lot on your plate, but we also know that the more scholarships you apply to, the more you increase your chances of winning. Treat the scholarship search and application process like a part-time job, and set a goal to apply to 1-2 scholarships per week.
- Continue the scholarship search through school. Many students stop searching for scholarships after their senior year of high school; that’s a big mistake. There are thousands of scholarships in our database for college, graduate, and non-traditional students.
- Don’t give up. Like most things that are worth the wait, winning scholarships takes time – and a lot of patience. Students that are successful in their scholarship search and application process stay after it. You can too, and Fastweb is here every step of the way.