1. Go to concertsSummer is the perfect time to get together with friends and go to a concert or outdoor music festival. Extra points if you need to take a road trip with friends to get there!
2. Plan a stay-cationMaybe you don’t have the funds to take a luxurious summer vacation but why not substitute a staycation in its place? See the sights your area has to offer by becoming a tourist for the day – it’s probably been ages since you’ve experienced them!
3. Relax on a beachWhether you’re need an ocean, a lake or need to go to a pool, there’s nothing like relaxing on a hot day next to a body of water while soaking up some summer rays.
4. Read some classicsCatch up on your reading by curling up with a great book – it will help you stay sharp for the upcoming semester.
5. Visit a friend you haven’t seen in a whileIf you’re missing a friend you haven’t seen in a long time, why not take a weekend to visit them? Ask to crash on the couch so it’s cost-effective and bond while you check out their new digs.
6. Get craftyWhy not take time to make something unique? Get in touch with your artistic side and take on an art project. For example, you could upcycle some old textbooks into cool projects to use as future dorm or apartment décor.
7. Take a road tripPile in the car with some good friends and some good music. Take a trip to a local landmark or just see where the road takes you!
8. Sleep under the starsConnect with nature by camping with friends for a few nights. Sleeping under the stars is an experience everyone should have – plus, who doesn’t love a s’more?
9. Learn a useful skillConsider learning a new skill to improve yourself personally and professionally and that will be beneficial for your future.
10. Learn another languageJust because school’s out doesn’t mean you can’t learn. Download a free app, like Duolingo and start developing your new dialect skills.
11. Job shadowContact professionals with careers that interest you and arrange and conduct a job shadow to help you discover your own career path.
12. VolunteerStart volunteering for a cause you care about. Giving back will be sure to make you feel great about the way you spent your summer.
Find yourself getting bored during your down time this summer? Conquer boredom with these free-time fillers that happen to be free of charge as well.