Winebrenner Theological Seminary (WTS) was established in 1942 as a graduate school of theology of Findlay College (renamed The University of Findlay in 1989). In 1961, WTS received its charter from the state of Ohio, to become an independent, degree-granting institution.
WTS was founded by the Churches of God, General Conference (CGGC), an evangelical denomination headquartered in Findlay, Ohio. The Seminary derives its name from the founder of the denomination, John Winebrenner, who established the group in 1825 in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania.
WTS continues to serve the CGGC as its sole seminary as well as students from 35 different denominational backgrounds. WTS is accredited by the Association of Theological Schools in the United States and Canada (ATS) and the Higher Learning Commission of Higher Education of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools. Winebrenner offers four masters programs, a Doctor of Ministry program and collaborates with The University of Findlay to offer a Bachelor of Arts in Religious Studies program.
* Description and images provided by
CC-BY-SA 3.0 license.