William Woods University
University Website: www.williamwoods.edu
Apply Online: https://owlnet.williamwoods.edu/ICS/Home.jnz?portlet=Apply_Online_2.0&formid=2
William Woods University (WWU) is an American co-educational, independent, private university in Fulton, Missouri with 3,800 students. The university offers undergraduate and graduate degrees in a variety of disciplines in both campus and outreach settings.
The university was founded 1870 and although independent, has a historical affiliation to the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ).
The university is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission and is a member of the North Central Association and is ranked 91st in the Midwest among regional universities, according to the 2011 edition of Best Colleges by U.S. News Media Group.
The university offers unique undergraduate programs of study include an internationally recognized equestrian studies program, a four-year American Sign Language interpreting program, the first juvenile justice degree in the state and a criminal justice degree with homeland security emphasis. Graduate level programs are offered through the Graduate and Professional Studies (GPS) program, which offers graduate degree programs, degree completion programs, and select undergraduate programs at permanent sites in Fulton, Columbia, Jefferson City, Blue Springs and Branson, Missouri as well as temporary sites across Missouri and in Arkansas. All GPS programs use a cohort model, and are designed to offer convenience for working adults and an accelerated format.
Its athletics teams are known as the Owls and participate in the National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics as a member of the American Midwest Conference.
- Private not for profit, Four or more years
- $18,450.00 avg tuition
One University Avenue
Fulton, MO 65251-1098
Areas of Study:
- Agriculture, Agriculture Operations, And Related Sciences
- Biological And Biomedical Sciences
- Business, Management, Marketing, And Related Support Services
- Communication, Journalism, And Related Programs
- Computer And Information Sciences And Support Services
- English Language And Literature/Letters
- Foreign Languages, Literatures, And Linguistics
- Health Professions And Related Programs
- Homeland Security, Law Enforcement, Firefighting And Related Protective Services
- Legal Professions And Studies
- Liberal Arts And Sciences, General Studies And Humanities
- Mathematics And Statistics
- Multi/Interdisciplinary Studies
- Parks, Recreation, Leisure, And Fitness Studies
- Public Administration And Social Service Professions
- Visual And Performing Arts
Schools Near William Woods University
|Cosmetology Concepts Institute||20.9mi|
|Columbia Area Vocational Technical School||21.1mi|
|University of Missouri-Columbia||21.1mi|
|Nichols Career Center||23.8mi|
|Merrell University of Beauty Arts and Science||24.0mi|
|Metro Business College-Jefferson City||24.7mi|
|Linn State Technical College||28.0mi|
|Central Methodist University-College of Liberal Arts & Sciences||44.4mi|
|Boonslick Technical Education Center||44.5mi|
|Central Methodist University-College of Graduate & Extended Studies||44.5mi|
|Central Christian College of the Bible||45.2mi|