Wayne County Community College District (WCCCD) is a community college district with its headquarters in Downtown Detroit, Michigan. It was founded in 1967.
The College has six campuses: Eastern, Downtown, Downriver, Northwest,Western, and University Square.
The Downriver Campus is located on 100 acres (0.40 km2) in Taylor, Michigan and was built in 1978.
The Northwest Campus, located in Northwest Detroit was for many years located on Greenfield Road just south of Joy Road, less than half a mile from the Dearborn city line. In August 2008 the campus relocated to a new location on Outer Drive just west of the Southfield Freeway, at the former site of Mercy College. Northwest Campus,8200 West Outer Drive Detroit, MI 48219
The school also has a 117-acre (0.47 km2) western campus located at the corner of Haggerty and I-94 in Van Buren Township, Michigan. It was initially built in 1981 and as of 2008 is going through a 43,000-square-foot (4,000 m2) expansion.
The downtown campus is located at 1001 West Fort Street in downtown Detroit.
The Eastern Campus is located on Detroit's eastside. It is located at 5901 Conner, on Connor Road just north of Warren Avenue at the I-94 freeway exit.
The University Square campus at 19305 Vernier Road in Harper Woods opened in January 2009. The campus, known as the Grosse Pointe / Harper Woods Campus Center was originally located by Eastland Mall in Harper Woods.
- Public, At least 2 but less than 4 years
- $3,360.00 avg tuition
801 W. Fort Street
Detroit, MI 48226
Areas of Study:
- Business, Management, Marketing, And Related Support Services
- Computer And Information Sciences And Support Services
- Construction Trades
- Engineering Technologies And Engineering Related Fields
- Family And Consumer Sciences/Human Sciences
- Health Professions And Related Programs
- Homeland Security, Law Enforcement, Firefighting And Related Protective Services
- Legal Professions And Studies
- Liberal Arts And Sciences, General Studies And Humanities
- Mechanic And Repair Technologies/Technicians
- Philosophy And Religious Studies
- Precision Production
- Social Sciences
- Visual And Performing Arts
Schools Near Wayne County Community College District
|Michigan Barber School Inc||0.6mi|
|Ecumenical Theological Seminary||1.2mi|
|Wayne State University||2.4mi|
|College for Creative Studies||2.5mi|
|Kaplan Career Institute-Detroit||3.2mi|
|Sacred Heart Major Seminary||4.4mi|
|Focus-Hope Information Technologies Center||6.1mi|
|P&A Scholars Beauty School||6.3mi|
|University of Detroit Mercy||7.6mi|
|Baker College of Allen Park||8.4mi|
|Kaplan Career Institute-Dearborn||8.4mi|
|University of Michigan-Dearborn||9.0mi|